We are all exited about New 2022 Year beginning and new resolutions of the freshly start.
May this year bring everybody a great health, happiness, and a hope for the better things in our lives!
So, Irina Organic Skin Care offers you important skin care tips for your home skin care routine, which will help you to improve your skin during cold and harsh winter season.
Also, take look at www.irinaskincare.com to find specials for this season: https://irinaskincare.com/thanksgiving-specials-of-irina-organic-skin-care/.
Call/text Irina at 206-383-4243 or book online your treatment: https://irinaskincare.com/squarebooking_allprocedures/
7 Skincare Tips You Need to Incorporate Into Your Routine in 2022.
Don’t Skip the Sunscreen
The act of applying SPF every day, regardless of skin tone, type or color, is the most important preventative step that anyone can take to protect themselves. Ultraviolet light causes photo-aging, sun-related pigment changes, sagging from collagen breakdown and skin cancer more than any other environmental or genetic factor.
- On top of the protective benefits concerning skin cancer, sunscreen is the single best anti-aging ingredient you can use.
- If it’s light enough outside to see, then you need to apply sunscreen before heading outside. So essentially, SPF is necessary every day, rain or shine.
Use an Antioxidant Serum
using an antioxidant-based serum every day to protect against everyday aggressors from the environment.
- You should apply antioxidants under sunscreen each morning. One of the most popular antioxidants is vitamin C. Topical vitamin C clears away damaging free radicals in the skin, as well as enhances the sun protection effect of sunscreen.
Everyone should exfoliate with gentle exfoliant at least ones a week. Those are gentle scrubs which are tolerable for most skin types, including sensitive ones. Consistent exfoliation can offer a smoother, clearer, and brighter complexion.
Use a Retinol
Retinol is a powerhouse ingredient that can help target signs of early aging and dark spots. Applying a retinol product before bed each night can help repair your skin while you sleep.
Avoid Overly Hot Showers
While a hot shower may feel amazing, it can dry out the skin and strip it of its natural oils, potentially causing itchy skin.
- Pro tip: if you have dry skin, you can use your lukewarm showers to rehydrate the skin. The crinkling of our skin surface is the result of considerable absorption of water, so it is a sign that you have rehydrated your skin.
Keep Your Skin Hydrated
Keeping the skin hydrated is key in achieving a smooth, plump, and youthful-looking complexion. The best way to hydrate the skin is to apply moisturizers on damp skin. This method of application prevents transdermal water loss and makes moisturizers most effective.
- Another way to keep the skin hydrated is to drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated inside and out. Hydrated skin appears smoother, softer, and radiant, giving a more youthful appearance.
Choose Water-Based Products
Using water-based hair care products in the winter months are much better than Oil and wax-based hair care which can lead to breakouts especially around the hairline, and we see this especially frequently in the summer.
Have a nice winter season: stay safe and healthy!
Licensed Holistic Aesthetician